The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has announced the release of 279 results from the 2026 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination that were previously withheld over suspected malpractice.
The development was confirmed on Thursday by JAMB spokesperson, Fabian Benjamin, in a post shared on X. He explained that the newly released results were part of an ongoing review process involving candidates whose results had been placed under scrutiny.
Benjamin said the board carried out detailed investigations into cases linked to alleged examination misconduct before deciding on the affected results.
“While some results have been outrightly cancelled where evidence of malpractice was established, others have been released where the Board found no prima facie case against the affected candidates.
“Results from centres where the Board’s live monitoring team observed suspicious activities, or where adverse reports were received, remain withheld pending further investigation. Where sufficient evidence of culpability is established, such results will be cancelled,” he said.
JAMB also urged candidates who are still unable to view their results to check their status by sending UTMERESULT to 55019 or 66019 using the same phone number used during registration.
The 2026 UTME was conducted from April 16 to April 25 at accredited computer-based test centres across the country.
