News

Prince Harry, Meghan set to move back to UK, after six years in America

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle are reportedly planing to move back to the UK after six years away.

They moved to California in March 2020 after stepping down from their royal duties earlier that year. According to the BBC, Harry and Meghan plan to move to a private home outside London later in August.

Their children, Archie and Lilibet, will start at a British school in September.

King Charles was reportedly told about the move on Sunday and was said to be “naturally pleased”. He welcomed the chance to see the Sussex family more often, both in private and in person.

However, he understands that Harry and Meghan will stay non-working royals and private individuals, with no plans for either of them to return to official royal duties.

The Prince and Princess of Wales have also been told about the move.

The couple will keep their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal. Meghan will also continue to run her lifestyle brand.

Sources say it is still unclear whether the move will be permanent.

The move comes a few months after the Sussex family reunited with relatives at the King’s private home in Gloucestershire for a “private family occasion”.

It was the first time in over four years that the King had seen his grandchildren in person.