featured

Joseph and Kendra Duggar Might Escape Child Neglect Case After Shocking Judge Order

There may be hope for Kendra and Joseph Duggar amid their latest legal scandal.

The couple has now been given a potential path toward having their child neglect charges dismissed after changing their pleas in an Arkansas case. 

The development comes as Joseph also faces separate sexual assault allegations involving a minor in Florida.

3
Washington County Sheriff’s MEGA

A judge has placed Joseph and Kendra under a 12-month advisement period, with the state agreeing to dismiss the charges if they meet the court-set conditions. 

According to People Magazine, the couple now has a year to satisfy the requirements that could determine what happens to the charges they face in Arkansas. This came after they withdrew their not guilty pleas in their child neglect case.

The pair was charged in March with four counts each of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor and four counts each of second-degree false imprisonment. This followed an extensive search of their home.

Under the judge’s order, Kendra and Joseph will remain in an advisement period lasting 12 months, scheduled to run until Aug. 4, 2027.

They must avoid any new criminal offenses and maintain good behavior during that time. They must also pay a $1,850 fine and follow the court’s instructions.

If they complete the period without violating those conditions, the state will dismiss all of the charges against them.

Joseph And Kendra Duggar Changed Their Pleas In A Shocking Revelation 

That possible route toward dismissal follows a major change in how the couple handled the case. Joseph and Kendra had previously maintained not guilty pleas but submitted a plea by order instead of appearing in court, as they were expected to do on Aug. 11.

According to The Blast, this legal move gave them the option of moving toward guilty or no-contest pleas.

During the search, officers reportedly found locks positioned on the outside of doors leading to the children’s bedrooms. 

This led prosecutors to bring charges of endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree false imprisonment against the couple. 

Kendra’s Parents Have Been Drawn Into Joseph’s Florida Case

Booking photo of Kendra Duggar who is now facing criminal charges alongside her husband, Joseph Duggar, after Arkansas police announced additional counts in the ongoing investigation.3
Washington County Sheriffs Dept. / MEGA

While the Arkansas proceedings may now have a possible route toward dismissal, Joseph’s separate Florida case has continued to develop. A July report revealed that Kendra’s parents, Paul and Christina Caldwell, had been called for depositions connected to the Florida proceedings.

Joseph’s attorney asked the Caldwells to be questioned at the Florida State Attorney’s Office. Their testimony could potentially be used during the case or for other purposes permitted under the law.

According to The Blast, a source said Christina discussed the child’s closeness to their family with people at their church.

The source also said Christina had been hesitant to discuss the situation publicly, even though she did not conceal the relationship from church members.

Kendra Duggar’s Family Faced Reported Strain Amid The Scandal Involving Joseph Duggar

The involvement of Kendra’s parents in Joseph’s Florida case came after reports of serious difficulties within the Caldwell family. 

A May report claimed Kendra had stopped communicating with her parents as the legal situation surrounding Joseph continued to pressure the family.

According to an unnamed source, Paul and Christina had also left the home where they had been living, with their possessions placed in storage. The informant said the family was trying to determine what to do next while dealing with financial and housing uncertainty.

“They are still working out what their next steps will be. It has been an extremely stressful time,” they noted, according to The Blast. 

The situation was particularly difficult because of the size of the Caldwell family and the pressure created by Joseph’s legal problems. Paul reportedly searched for work after leaving his previous job, while the family also considered relocating to another state.

Amy Duggar Offered Support To Joseph’s Alleged Victim

Amy Duggar King3
LuMarPhoto/AFF-USA.com / MEGA

While Joseph’s legal troubles have drawn members of Kendra’s family into the Florida proceedings, another relative has taken a different approach by reaching out directly to the person accusing him. 

Amy Duggar recently discussed the private conversation, explaining that she wanted to offer support rather than speak on the allegations.

According to The Blast, Amy said she wanted the victim to know that the trauma surrounding the accusations did not have to determine the course of her life. She also offered herself as a safe space.

“I don’t want to speak for her or anything like that, but I will just tell you, when I talked to this person,  I just gave her hope,” Amy said. 

Furthermore, Amy questioned the advice Joseph has received while dealing with the case. She suggested that the people advising him may not be helping him handle the situation in a healthy way.