Today, 14th January 2021 is a ‘make or break day’ in Uganda as citizens go to the polls to vote for a president and parliamentarians.
The President of Uganda is elected using the two-round system, with candidates needing to receive at least 50% of the vote to be elected in the first round
The incumbent President, Yoweri Museveni otherwise known as M7 is seeking a sixth term in power. He has been the president of the country since 1986 and wishes to be given the nod to continue his rule by the people.
READ ALSO: Bobi Wine’s Wife Allegedly Arrested And Stripped Naked In Full Glare Of Her Son Hours Before Election (Video)
There are eleven candidates currently vying for the presidential with Robert Kyagulanyi a.k.a Bobi Wine being the most favourite of them all. The 38-year-old politician feels Yoweri Museveni is a dictator who should be ousted for young and idealistic minds to lead the people.
The eleven candidates are;
- Yoweri Museveni, National Resistance Movement
- Bobi Wine, National Unity Platform
- John Katumba, Independent
- Willy Mayambala, Independent
- Fred Mwesigye, Independent
- Henry Tumukunde, Independent
- Joseph Kabuleta, Independent
- Nancy Kalembe, Independent
- Patrick Oboi Amuriat, Forum for Democratic Change
- Mugisha Muntu, Alliance for National Transformation
- Norbert Mao, Democratic Party
See images of citizens waiting to cast their vote;